Family Background: Born in Sydney and grew up on the South East Coast in Warilla.
- Working at The Wirrpanda Foundation and being a part of the P242/VTEC team assisting over 500 people into meaningful employment
- Working as a Chaplain caring for a School community of 3000 students and 350 staff
- Completing a Cert IV in Training and Assessment in 2015, Cert III Mentoring (Wirdanyiny) in 2014, Diploma of Youth Work – SU QLD in 2009
- Being a qualified Tradesman (Floor coverings and furnishings)
- Working as a Leading Hand in Construction running teams of up to 25 Labourers and Tradespeople
Job Role: VTEC Employment Mentor
Location: Perth, WA
Describe a typical day's work at the Foundation:
Every day is different but can consist of taking phone calls at all hours of the day…and night, working with participants daily through fitness sessions, training and job specific activities throughout their pre-employment pathway. Also, working with employers to create employment opportunities and the best part of the job is seeing someone start and enjoy their new position.
Favourite part of being a mentor: Again, seeing someone start and enjoy their new position, the impact that has on their lifestyle and hearing all the positive feedback from employers.
Personal inspiration: Jesus and my Mum
Quote to live by: “Be the change you want to see”