frequently asked questions

How can I book a Wirrpanda Foundation mentor to attend or guest speak at an event?

The Wirrpanda Foundation has a number of high profile Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentors, who can be booked to speak, attend or facilitate clinics at your corporate, community or school event.

If you would like to enquire into booking one of our mentors for an event/occasion in a metropolitan or regional location, please complete this form. To enquire about booking David Wirrpanda for an event/occasion, please complete this form. Completed forms can be sent to

Please note: all booking requests are complete once mentor availability is confirmed.

Can you assist with individual sponsorship, funding or scholarships for a sporting or school trip?

The Wirrpanda Foundation is unfortunately not in a position to provide any individual or team funding for sporting or other extracurricular activities, due to funding constraints.

These organisations may be of assistance:

How can I have one of the Foundation’s programs delivered at my school or in my community?

The Foundation is funded to deliver programs in specific schools and locations nationally. Each program varies, however should the Foundation receive further funding we will be able take into account your request.

To be considered, please email with specific details of your location, program delivery site, number of participants, the age of the participants and which program you are interested in. If your school or community already have funding for a program, please include this in your email or phone the office on (08) 9242 6700.  

How can I seek one-on-one mentoring for a child or a student at my school?

Due to the Foundation’s vast range of programs, it is unfortunately not possible for us to assist with every request for individual mentoring. We receive a large number of requests weekly and we endeavour to assist with information regarding schooling, education and employment support based on where our programs are located, but we simply cannot provide one-on-one mentoring in every circumstance.

There are a number of people and services that may be able to provide you with assistance:

  • Primary and secondary schools across Australia have an Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer (AIEO) who can provide support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, their parents/carers, teachers, the school and the local community.
  • AIME is an educational program supporting Indigenous students through high school and into university, employment and further education:
  • Headspace are a national Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing:
  • Ladder aims to empower young people to break the cycle of homelessness by giving them the tools to take control of their lives, transition to independence and achieve their potential:
How does the Wirra Hub help businesses?

The Wirra Hub services Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses (of various sizes, corporate structures and maturities) and businesses seeking to employ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people or purchase from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses.

The Hub provides the following services:

  • Provide short term office space including bookable offices, meeting rooms, training rooms and workstations
  • Provide business, commercial advice and support to enhance the capability and capacity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
  • Connect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with existing mainstream and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-specific business and employment support services

For more information, visit the Wirra Hub

I need proof of Aboriginality for a job role or training program, where can I get this?

When applying for proof of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage you will need to gather as much information about your family history and heritage as possible, and contact an Indigenous organisation in your local area (where your family is from or currently living).

For further information:

Please note: the above material contains links to external websites and do not represent endorsement by or association with the Wirrpanda Foundation. Links are provided for information purposes and it is up to the individual to make their own decisions regarding the relevance and accuracy of information accessed on external sites.